Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

Apparently Halloween is celebrated differently here in Belfast.  They have the costumes and the loud shrieking that gets annoying pretty quickly.  I'm not sure if they have the trick-or-treating, I really hope so.  What kind of place wouldn't?  But they add something strange to the common mess of spaghetti brains and zombie face painting...fireworks.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love fireworks.  Fireworks has the word fire in it, insuring that it will find a special place in my heart.  But a full fireworks display over the river? It seems kind of strange.  But again, I have no problems with it, I just wasn't expecting it.  So here's that display of working fire from the 30th...


That boat on the left...apparently it's a museum.

Today, in that it is Halloween, I decided to try my hand at something a little more abstract and perhaps even a bit...spooky.  I'll leave it up to you to decide if I succeeded in the spooky department, but I am definitely intrigued by the result of my attempt.

This is a portion of a window that I can see from my living room window.  I upped the saturation, overexposed on the light parts, and underexposed on the dark parts...besides that, there was no extra editing, no adding of a fun house mirror reflection in any glass pane.  The strange images you see in each glass pane are just the reflections of whatever is near those panes plus the bent glass' ability to distort it.  Strange, right?..the fact that each pane has something different in it?  I sure thought so.

No comments:

Post a Comment