Wednesday, December 7, 2011

As the Sun Rises

I work from my living room in Belfast.  It's pretty spectacular.  What isn't so spectacular is the winter daylight hours here in Northern Ireland.  The sun rose around 8:30am this morning.  It set right at 4pm.  That is not a lot of bright, light-filled hours.  Working during all of those hours makes it hard to get a daily photo... unless my subject is in my living room with me.  I'm sure as we get further into the winter months and less light is readily available, I'm going to have to make sure my subject is indeed in this room with me...today, though, I quickly ran out before I started to work...hoping that the rising sun would prove useful.

I know I have a similar rooftop shot, but this one has a sunrise as a background ...as well as the remains of a recent snow...and a steeple.

 I also came across this section of a brick wall which worked wonders for my urban panorama project.  I love the abstract feel of the rectangular painted portions.  I am also a fan of the fact that I could print this as a ten foot by thirty foot image...at a rather high resolution.

And last but not least.  Yesterday's urban alphabet was fine and all...but I was not extremely pleased with the 'S' that I came up with.  I found a much better one today.  Here it is:
Much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment