Thursday, March 24, 2011

Abstract Days

Every so often I have an abstract day.  I'm not a fan.  Basically, I can't come up with a good idea for a subject, or the subject that I come up with just isn't cutting it, so I end up breaking down that or another subject and call is abstract photography.  By no means is it high-brow abstract art.  It's just something that I think looks cool, and will suffice until I actually photograph the subject in the way I originally intended but for whatever reason failed at. 
My guitar has been the source of many of these days.  I want an unique shot of it, something that has never been done, or at least that I've never seen...but no.  Everything I come up with is fairly mundane.  And so, abstract guitar.  

Hot Air Balloon Sunset
 The guitar strings create what looks like a linear pattern on what could be a hot air balloon against a fiery sunset.  

Sometimes She Comes to Me in a Song
A very soft and gentle take on something that is capable of spewing out piercing distortion.  The first thing I thought of when I saw the end result was the song "Lifetime" by the Bouncing Souls...don't know why that was the first thing, but it seemed appropriate to make the title a line from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment