Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Keep The Past Present

Day Three.
I've only got one photo.  I fear that more than one a day might not be too common.  But that's ok.  My plan was at least one...

I rode my bike to work today.  Not a normal occurrence.  Sadly.  I could definitely use the exercise.
It's not a bad ride, about 20 minutes, so I'm going to attempt to do so much more frequently.
I passed a bridge on the way to work.  A bridge I pass all the time.  I had my camera with me in hopes of finding my daily photo on my way to or from work, so I rode onto the bridge looking over the river for something interesting.
Instead of seeing something running on the banks or floating through the water, I came face to face with a plaque that I never before saw.  Apparently the bridge is considered a historic site.  So says Lancaster County.  Need proof? ...

 
Historic Bridge
There are at least 52 Historic Preservation Trust Sites in Lancaster County.  I learned this today on my bike ride.  I would have guessed maybe 20.  And I have an unfair advantage...My wife worked at the Historical Society Library right here in Lancaster County.

No comments:

Post a Comment