Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cookbook

I remember being a child and looking through my mother's cookbooks and thinking all the food looked horrible.  I don't know if it was because she had specific cookbooks, ones that were for easy and quick meals, or if it was all the fault of food photography.  Perhaps it was a mix of both.  Either way, when I filled my bowl with tonight's "casserole" version of stuffed cabbage, I couldn't help but think of those cookbooks...  I suppose it isn't a good thing, but the fact that it brought back those memories was reason enough for me to take a picture of my dinner and attempt the style of those ancient cookbooks.


Stuffed Cabbage
I guess it's near impossible to make something like this look good, but it was page after page of dishes that looked just like this.  For me, that would be awfully discouraging.  I like it when my food looks good as well as tastes good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment